The Administrative Specialist oversees the day-to-day
administrative operations of The Renaissance Academy located in the
Herald Court Facility in Punta Gorda/Charlotte County
Typical job duties include but are not limited to:
- Sorts Mail and delivers packages.
- Files paperwork, makes copies, and compiles documents.
- Provides administrative support to include maintaining
schedule/calendar, screening telephone communication, greeting and
directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and
- Establishes and maintains systems for administration of records
for the area, including electronic files, records, and
- Composes and prepares written documents and correspondence for
the office, including memos, letters, presentations, and
- Prepares special spreadsheet reports and presentations as
needed. May prepare brochures or update department web site
- Small assigned projects as needed.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
Four years of relevant administrative support experience.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Experience with classroom technology and setup like projectors,
webcams, amplified sound.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and
complete simultaneous projects when numerous and diverse demands
- Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and
learn new applications and systems.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and
independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a
- Familiarity of classroom technology and setup like projectors,
webcams, amplified sound.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.