Posting Number: SRGV4772
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College of Sciences
Scope of Job:
To manage, evaluate and develop existing operating policies and procedures and program function for a large unit/operational area. Oversee the accounting, reporting, personnel, budgetary and organizational functions in line with the scope of the area.
Description of Duties:
• Manages the effectiveness and efficiency of the processes and procedures of the daily operations of assigned unit and associated complex accounting or financial assignments in accordance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Coordinates with department leadership in improving high risk areas and continuously researches emerging risks in areas related to the department or program, specifically as it may apply to federal grant guidance, contracts and agreements, and others, and takes action and implements needed changes.
• Develops, reviews and evaluates unit activities and support systems and implements changes to improve and maintain the effectiveness of unit operations.
• Monitors the appropriateness and effectiveness of service within the division in order to deliver outstanding service to both internally and externally to the division.
• Interprets and ensures assigned unit operates in accordance with federal, state, UT System, and local policies including internal UTRGV policies and procedures.
• Implements and monitors an evaluation plan addressing strategic evaluation metrics, data collection methods, analysis and reporting related to institutional assessment.
• Develops data collection practices and monitors uniform data collection protocol across programs/departments as related to assessment, program review, strategic planning, and overall continuous improvement.
• Leads the effort in creating unit impact reports, publications, and grants or other applicable documents.
• Provides guidance and support to unit staff including, but not limited to, reviewing the financial terms and conditions of agreements; ensures expenditures are allowable, allocable and appropriate; monitors effort reporting and cost sharing; monitors unit budget planning and forecasting.
• Develops procedures for collecting and reporting financial, accounting, and statistical data for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual status analyses of funds and expenditures.
• Analyzes, summarizes, and communicates current regulatory and organizational compliance developments to unit leadership and department managers, and assists in the efforts to ensure policies, procedures, forms and trainings meet all new and amended requirements and deadlines.
• Creates, reviews, and approves various accounting records, reports, and applications.
• Responsible for coordination and clearinghouse of unit agreements such as Memorandums of Understanding, Local Cooperation Agreements, Sub-Award Agreements, and others.
• Serves as the unit liaison for collaboration with internal and external departments and community partners.
• Creates professional development opportunities on a regular basis for unit staff on federal, state, UT System, and local policies and also creates other personal and professional growth training sessions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Education, Business, or related from an accredited university.
Four (4) years of related experience, including performing program evaluation and reporting, grant and/or budget management and oversight, financial analysis and reporting, including supervisory experience.
Experience obtained in a higher education institution performing related duties. Knowledge and experience working with grant administration. Experience with contractual services and revenue-based models.
Use of standard office equipment. Expert proficiency in use of Excel, data management systems, assessment and related software applications.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley.
Mastery of written communication for technical reports, assessment/evaluation, grant proposals, annual financial reports, and various publications. Ability to make decisions in high stress situations. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/01/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26582