SENIOR EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (INSTITUTIONAL ANALYTICS AND EVALUATION)
Contract type: 2 year fixed-term contract
Location: Hong Kong
Package: Monthly salary, plus gratuity and housing allowance
The mission of the Educational Development Centre is to enhance the quality of teaching and learning at the University and support the University’s vision to be “a leading university that advances and transfers knowledge, and provides the best holistic education for the benefit of Hong Kong, the nation and the world”. The Centre offers a variety of services, including short courses and workshops on teaching and learning, individual consultations, support for student learning outcomes assessment, teaching evaluation services, and activities which promote and support the use of educational technologies to enhance student learning. Please visit the website at http://edc.polyu.edu.hk for more information about the Centre.
The Centre has co-organised several large-scale events on learning analytics. See:
The appointee will be required to:
- play a leading role in supporting the University in analysing and interpreting learning outcomes data for institutional improvement;
- oversee the development, administration and reporting of data from institutional surveys related to teaching and learning;
- manage the analysis and reporting of teaching-related data from a range of sources in accordance with the University’s data governance policies;
- plan, coordinate and conduct institutional projects related to student learning processes and outcomes;
- advise and support project teams or individual academic staff members on formative/summative evaluation of and scholarly inquiry into teaching and learning;
- contribute to the University-wide teacher development programme of courses, workshops and seminars; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of the Centre or her delegates.
Applicants should have:
- a doctoral degree in Education or a relevant discipline;
- at least twelve years of proven experience in educational development at tertiary level, particularly in the area of educational evaluation and learning analytics;
- excellent facilitation/interactive teaching skills and a commitment to student-centred learning;
- a proactive and innovative work style with the ability to work independently and co-operatively;
- strong organizational, problem-solving and leadership skills; and
- excellent communication, consultation and interpersonal skills.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview and present a portfolio of their work relevant to this role.
Remuneration and conditions of service
A competitive remuneration package will be offered. The initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. Please read the application guidelines at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/guidelines.php, which includes a link to HR Form 7 (Application form for non-Academic Posts) and ways to submit the application. Applicants should submit a cover letter, a completed HR Form 7, and an up-to-date CV, and quote the Reference Number 20102905-E. Applicants should state their current and expected salary on the application form.
More searches like this
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Academic Affairs Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Institutional Research & Planning Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong