Salary: $100,664.00 - $148,728.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 5929-m-11/20
Closing: 1/5/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia, CA
Department: Technology Services
Under the direction of the Dean, Technology Services the Applications Manager will plan, organize and direct the day-to-day application operations of the District; manage programming team, manage, maintain and oversee needs analysis, system enhancements and development of the applications systems.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Applications Manager include:
- Manage and direct programmer staff.
- Manage, monitor and maintain systems integrity including Banner SIS system.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and submit District's MIS data to the Chancellor's office.
- Analyze, manage, plan, and schedule work for the District's applications systems and procedures to determine the feasibility of utilization or revision of application operations.
- Recommend procurement of information systems enhancements to the application operations.
- Perform complex programming tasks on critical application upgrades, programming projects and application enhancements.
- Provide management of technology initiatives including creating comprehensive plans for achieving application project objectives.
- Lead application projects activities including assessment, development implementation and evaluation.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to staff assigned to work on the application operations.
- Communicate with personnel from a variety of departments including staff, faculty, administrators in addition to various vendors and researchers to exchange information concerning existing and proposed application systems.
- Manage and organize the proper responsiveness of information systems for user needs providing for a complete program of application maintenance, enhancements, training and services to facilitate use of automated system.
- Participate in the development of training material and programs for proposed application software systems.
- Lead the development of appropriate programs in accordance with user requirements and assures that documentation provides an adequate basis for use of the system.
- Manage the development of guidelines for security and accuracy of application software systems.
- Responsible for the development of application support and project budget.
- Participate in the recommendation for allocating funds for special projects and needs related to the District's application operations.
- Lead in the development of technical specifications for services, technology and information systems.
- Recommend specifications to be used in bids, contracts and agreements for the application software.
- Attend conferences, seminars and trainings to keep up with the industry in regards to the District's application software.
- Represent the department on campus committees and attend meetings relating to the District's application operations.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent.
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience with application development/database reporting.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, social, economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
- Oracle development tools - Developer, Forms and Reports Relational Database programming, reporting and ODBS data access
- Complex relational database management systems (RDBMS)
- Computer languages (PL/SQL, SQL Plus, CGI, COBOL, C. UNIX)
- Principles and techniques of structured systems analysis and design
- Operation and capabilities of computer equipment
- Principles and practices of leadership and project management
- District organizations, restrictions and requirements related to area of assignment
- Budget preparation, implementation and administration
- Oral and written communication skills - both technical and end user related
- Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and diplomacy
- Configure system implementation, development and integration using the RDBMS with client/serve and web-based applications
- Provide leadership, direction and support to staff involved in assigned programs and services
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and programs relating to computer technology
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, and disability background of community college students and staff
- Prepare and administer budgets
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and technological advancements in assigned areas of responsibility
- Interpret, apply and explain District policies and legal regulations and requirements
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing at both the technical level and with the application users
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with members of the user community and information systems personnel
Indoor work environment.
- Frequent contact in person and on the telephone with management, supervisory, academic and classified staff.
Typically must sit for long periods, operate a computer keyboard, read normal and fine print. Must be able to communicate in person and on the telephone. Must be able to remember key information and concentrate for long periods of time.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit:
- An online job application
- Diversity Statement (included within the online application).
- Letter of interest which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university work. Official transcripts required upon employment.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Linda Reis at (559) 730-3867
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2918778/applications-manager
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.