Social Media and Content Strategist
Social Media and Content Strategist
Closes: Dec 13, 2020 - 11:59 PM EST
About The College of Wooster:
Wooster offers an excellent, comprehensive liberal arts education, culminating in a rigorous senior project, in which each student works one-on-one with a faculty mentor to conceive, organize and complete a significant research project on a topic of the student's own choosing. Through this distinctive program, every Wooster student develops abilities valued by employers and graduate schools alike: independent judgment, analytical ability, creativity, project-management and time-management skills, and strong written and oral communication skills. Founded in 1866, the college enrolls approximately 2,000 students.
The College offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes: Health, Dental, Retirement, and Tuition Remission.
The College of Wooster seeks a Social Media and Content Strategist who has a passion for higher education and a drive to tell our powerful brand stories through original news, blog, and social media content, while working to expand into more communities, distribution channels and media partnerships. We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the intellectual vibrancy and diversity of our campus community through a sincere passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Reporting to the Editorial Director, this role joins a cross-functional team in the fast-paced Office of Marketing and Communications and is responsible for building content plans for the College's news engines and social sites, and executing compelling, strategic stories and social campaigns that drive interest and goal conversion.
Candidates for the position should present strong editorial and content marketing experience, solid news judgment and research acumen, strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to build social media communities through a collaborative and engaging approach.
The Social Media and Content Strategist will work efficiently to identify, report, write, edit and publish several pieces of content, per day, that highlight key programs, people, news and announcements from the College. This role will also contribute content for Wooster's alumni magazine and other platforms as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the stamina to execute an aggressive news and social media strategy that supports the overall web strategy, and a working knowledge of how to use social media to engage with target audiences, build community and drive action. Candidates should have an in-depth understanding of all social media platforms (especially, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and TikTok), be a strong writer, have experience managing a roster of regular contributors from units across campus and providing them with tools for success, and have a smart visual sense and understanding of how imagery drives engagement on social media and the web.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to use analytics to better understand performance and translate data into insights to inform content creation, funnels, and distribution.
- Drive the process for integrated storytelling and calendar management of all news, blog, and social content that aligns against brand campaigns and integrated marketing initiatives.
- Mine and develop a cohesive, comprehensive universe of Wooster content across multiple channels and develop a mechanism to bring in many Wooster voices.
- Artfully research, write, and contribute stories for news, blogs, social media, and venues as assigned that communicate our unique position and what we offer to create connection with our community.
- Manage creation of platform-specific content with cross-functional teams inside the Office of Marketing and Communications and across campus.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Marketing to leverage Search Engine Optimization (SEO)/Search Marketing Optimization (SMO) best practices to ensure content is discoverable and relevant to audience needs.
- Oversee community management of all College of Wooster social channels and actively encourage participation with our various communities and continue to grow our influence and relevance.
- Establish strategic partnerships and create relationships with influencers within higher ed and other relevant industries to create association and reach audiences.
- Own analysis of performance across all Wooster-owned touchpoints, adapting and applying winning strategies to guide future efforts.
- Monitor site traffic and analytics to gain insights into user funnels and experience, and maximize pageviews, unique users, and goal conversions.
- Identify trending news or viral trends impacting, or of interest to, target Wooster audiences.
- Translate awareness of underrepresented/historically marginalized U.S. populations into effective and purposeful coverage of those issues as they relate to and/or affect Wooster and its constituents.
- This position may oversee student interns.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree in English, communication, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a communication, marketing, or journalism role with demonstrated experience directing content experiences for a variety of digital marketing channels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Cloud products, and video editing and podcasting software.
- Avid user of Wordpress CMS, and Hootsuite or other social management tools.
- Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style guide and SEO.
The College of Wooster is an independent college of the liberal arts and sciences with a commitment to excellence in undergraduate education. The College values diversity, strives to attract qualified women and minority candidates, and encourages individuals belonging to these groups to apply. Wooster seeks to ensure diversity by its policy of employing persons without regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or political affiliation.
The College of Wooster is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment is subject to federal laws requiring verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act. The College of Wooster is a drug-free workplace.
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.
To apply, visit https://wooster.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=126610&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0