Coordinator Financial Literacy
Coordinator Financial Literacy
The Coordinator, Financial Literacy is responsible for creating a plan for the Washburn University financial literacy program and Ichabod Financial Counseling Service and serves as a financial literacy resource for the university.
Essential Job Functions of Position
• Develop processes and procedures with input from the director, that complement Financial Aid activities and services.
• Research guidelines and recommendations for financial literacy programs to ensure Washburn’s program is compliant.
• Monitor trends and developments in financial literacy to identify best practices that will enhance the University’s program.
• Evaluate and assess program activities to determine their effectiveness and offer opportunities for program improvement to the Director.
• Collaborate with appropriate departments and offices across campus, high school guidance counselors, and other members of the college community on the services available through the office.
• Create and deliver presentations on and off-campus to expand the understanding of financial aid eligibility, responsible borrowing, financial goal setting, and other relevant information.
• Meet with students and their families to provide individual confidential financial literacy consultation specific to their financial status and goals.
• Develop a Peer Financial Educator program. Hire and train student workers to provide money management consultation and support to fellow students.
• Network and communicate with appropriate staff to address issues, coordinate events, and distribute informational materials.
• Develop and maintain the website, social media posts, and other communication outlets related to Washburn’s financial literacy program. Ensure compliance by working with appropriate staff.
• Participate in meetings as required, and serve on university committees as assigned.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: financial literacy, financial aid, banking, accounting, or other relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience developing and delivering presentations to targeted groups.
• Effective communication skills.
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
If selected for the interview, candidates will be asked to prepare a 5-minute presentation on financial literacy.
Regular Business Hours
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE . Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have the required Bachelor's degree for this position?
- * Do you have experience with Banner student information
- * Do you have a Master's Degree?
- Currently completing
- * Do you have two years of experience working in financial aid,
financial literacy, or personal financial planning?
- Cover Letter