BSN Nursing Full Time Faculty, Campus Position
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: The instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. The instructor provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the market place. The instructor encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
Provides competency-based education which aligns with the South
University model of curricula as well as supports the South
University style of system delivery.
Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of
instructional plans to meet course competencies, to create
activities which support lesson objectives, and to deliver the
instruction as approved.
Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for
student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing
instruction which fosters competencies and establish student
performance criteria and evaluation.
Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom
environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well
as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student
success. Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style
and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and
students and engaging students in the learning
Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records,
submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing
school/campus academic and attendance
Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum
and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as
orientation and graduation, and participating in various other
workshops and meetings.
Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the
continuation of professional/technical skills development, the
introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active
awareness of professional/industry trends and
Masters in Nursing required. PhD or DNP from a regionally
accredited university in a field related to the classes to be
taught in most cases required and in all cases strongly preferred;
Earned graduate degree to include at least 18 graduate hours in the
field of instruction minimally
- Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
Med-Surg or ICU Experience
Membership in a professional association tied to area of
Current state licensure required as applicable to the
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the
ability to build successful relationships with student
Outstanding conflict resolution
Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented
Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Other details Required Education Master's Degree
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach