Assistant Director, Experiential Learning & Career Management
Job Summary/Basic Function
This is a professional-level student support services position responsible for the management and activities of the academic internship program at the university, as well as supporting co-curricular and extra-curricular service learning activities.
Plan, direct and coordinate the administration of the credit-bearing internship program to enhance experiential learning opportunities of Millersville University students and support the University’s contribution to and engagement with the community. This includes resolving and/or referring problems related to credits, faculty supervision, and job-related issues; developing policies in consultation with the Faculty Senate Credit-Bearing Internship Committee; developing and maintaining partnerships with appropriate businesses, governmental and non-profit agencies; planning and coordinating professional development opportunities for students and faculty engaged in supervision and coordination of internships for their department; and representing the university in matters relating to internships and service learning.
Salary $49,565 to $53,399, commensurate with experience, plus comprehensive benefits including tuition waiver for self and dependents.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years professional experience working with college students in a higher education, workforce development, talent acquisition or recruitment setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of experiential/service learning.
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to diversity/equity/inclusion.
- Demonstrated evidence of ability to develop/deliver presentations.
- Demonstrated evidence of ability to counsel/advise students.
- Demonstrated evidence of ability to collect and analyze
assess and evaluate programs.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office.
- Successful interview and background checks.
- Valid driver’s license, dependable and reliable transportation to work sites and off campus locations.
- Master’s Degree.
- Prior experience administering an academic support service, internship, or career services program.
- Demonstrated technical experience utilizing a CRM system or complex database system (e.g.; Banner, Handshake, GradLeaders, Mentor Collective) for collecting data, maintaining records, creating queries and compiling reports.
- Evidence of ability to build network of internal and external constituencies, preferably in Lancaster County region.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville