Residential Community Safety Officer (Part-Time)
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic and operational success. The part-time Residential Community Safety Officer will be responsible to provide oversight to student residents within the residence hall. Demonstrates excellent customer service, communication and time management skills while monitoring Emergency and non-emergency responses.
Provide support to Residential Hall Coordinators in student development through student advisement and counselling; crisis intervention; academic programming; discipline; and training.
- Validate the IDs of all persons entering the residential facility.
- Ensure that all visitors and guests are signed in and the appropriate sponsorship is confirmed.
- When necessary, effectively communicate with non-authorized visitors FMUs access policies.
- Use sound judgment and reasoning when faced with questionable or ambiguous situations.
- Be responsible for accurate time reporting.
- Prepare written reports regarding unauthorized access, including creating incident reports and judicial complaints.
- Utilize standard radio communications to report incidents to Campus Safety.
- This position requires evening and weekend hours.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relates to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and the ability to interrelate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in solving issues and problems.
- Good customer service skills and proven oral and written communication skills are essential. Assertive and helpful personality necessary.
- Attention to detail, focus and alertness required.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in a collegiate setting is preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Florida Security Guard license and meet department and Florida State Security Guard Act standards and qualifications.
- Successful completion of a Field Training Program.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a thorough background check which includes employment history, character references and a criminal records check.
- Upon hire, candidates must submit to a pre-employment drug test and future random drug screenings.
- Applicants must be dedicated, motivated and self-directed individuals with a strong work ethic, strong decision-making and communication skills, and outstanding leadership skills
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently; use judgement and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading skills required. Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug-testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Safety & Security Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens