Assistant Professor, Accounting
As Accounting Faculty, your initial assignment will include teaching, at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; involvement on College and University committees and/or initiatives; as well as duties as assigned.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Teaching load for this position will be three courses per semester with the possibility of
- summer teaching assignments.
- Teach three courses each semester in the Accounting program, conducts scholarly research, and engages in service activities as required.
- Produces scholarly output sufficient for classification as Scholarly Academic according to the LCOB faculty classification.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Additional Job Description
- Ph.D. / DBA in Accounting or related field from an AACSB accredited business school or equivalent accreditation.
- ABD will be considered. If the successful candidate’s degree is not conferred by January 4, 2021, the appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
- Experience in course development and teaching accounting analytics and accounting information systems as well as experience teaching undergraduate and graduate online courses preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made at a faculty rank commensurate with the candidate’s experience on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available January 2021, contingent upon approval.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Five (5) Professional References
Please upload the following additional materials in the available document upload sections:
- Cover Letter
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers