Distance Education Coordinator
University Code 22034 University Title Senior Health Sciences Coordinator 1 University Job Family Health Sciences ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Distance Education Coordinator Position Number 591180 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Center On Aging Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
We invite applicants to apply for the Senior Distance Education Coordinator for the Virginia Center on Aging in the College of Health Professions. This position will play a key role in implementing the Center’s ECHO Nursing Home COVID Action Network grant. Coordinates and facilitates information flow between faculty, distance education students, and various education sites. Assists in the production and distribution of distance education course materials, and schedules, and facilitates delivery of academic courses to students at remote sites. Conducts surveys and prepares reports as needed; develops and distributes promotional and informational materials, and may provide direct academic/administrative guidance and assistance to distance education students.
This position will maintain the integrity of patient data collection and databases. Maintains collaborative relations with rural community partners and internal ECHO / UNM staff. Must maintain all deadlines for grant deliverables. Assists with the use of distance learning technology. Organizes and coordinates educational presentations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provides administrative and operational support for instructors and/or site coordinators; coordinates communication and information flow between sites and the university campus.
2. Coordinates development and publication of course offerings and semester schedules with faculty and departmental representatives.
3. Coordinates instructional course activities, which may include the logistics for distance delivery technologies; facilitates and enhances day-to-day operating relations with site coordinators, as appropriate to the position.
4. Coordinates the development and preparation of marketing and promotional plans and/or materials, as appropriate to the program.
5. Conducts on-site registration and fee payment for students at remote sites, as appropriate to the individual educational activity and administrative structure.
6. Provides administrative and informational support and guidance to students of distance education programs, as appropriate to the position; may serve as administrative liaison between students, faculty, and site administration, as appropriate.
7. Conducts surveys and feasibility studies for policy formation and improvement of services.
8. May supervise and/or lead lower graded staff and/or student employees.
9. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated excellence in professional communication skills, including excellent written and oral communication
• Demonstrated excellence in superior customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment and to take initiative
• Proven ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
• Positive, helpful, service-oriented attitude
• Ability to apply strong teamwork skills to daily management of tasks and interactions with co-workers
• Demonstrated ability to attend to details
• Ability to self-direct daily activities while at the same time remaining flexible to address the immediate needs of faculty, staff, students or other stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters and exercise professional discretion
• Demonstrated ability to independently problem solve using sound judgement
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree in Gerontology
• Experience with program and project management
• Experience in Canvas, Banner, REDCap, Microsoft suite including Excel, and Google applications
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $38,400 - $44,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hours/week Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday / 8:00am-5:00pm Job Open Date 11/24/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101918 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Distance Education Programs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond