University Code 20311 University Title Health Program/Services Manager 1 University Job Family Health Sciences ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Grants Manager Position Number 591160 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Center On Aging Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
We invite applicants to apply for the Grants Manager position for the Virginia Center on Aging in the College of Health Professions. This position will play a key role in implementing the Center’s ECHO Nursing Home COVID Action Network grant and the Center’s Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program. They will be responsible for administrative activities to ensure completion of all grant related objectives. The Manager will develop and manage spreadsheets, oversee data management, attend weekly ECHO sessions and assist with administration of Zoom for the sessions. This person will develop and maintain the VCU ECHO Nursing Home and Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement landing pages. The position will also serve as a liaison with administrative and professional personnel concerning University policies and procedures, personnel administration, grant administration, and budgetary preparation and control.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provides administrative and operational support for grant funded projects.
2. Provides administrative support for twice monthly Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program Plenary; ensures completion of Plenary objectives.
3. Promotes the work of the Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program and VCU ECHO Nursing Home on Virginia Center on Aging’s website, newsletter and other media.
4. Leads the development and preparation of marketing and promotional plans and/or materials, as appropriate to the program.
5. Processes on-site registration and fee payment for students at remote sites, as appropriate to the individual educational activity and administrative structure.
7. Develops surveys and feasibility studies for policy formation and improvement of services.
8. Serves as Personnel Administrator for grant funded activities.
9. May supervise and/or lead lower graded staff and/or student employees.
10. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated excellence in professional communication skills, including excellent written and oral communication
• Demonstrated excellence in superior customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment and to take initiative
• Proven ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
• Positive, helpful, service-oriented attitude
• Ability to apply strong teamwork skills to daily management of tasks and interactions with co-workers
• Demonstrated ability to attend to details
• Ability to self-direct daily activities while at the same time remaining flexible to address the immediate needs of faculty, staff, students or other stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters and exercise professional discretion
• Demonstrated ability to independently problem solve using sound judgement
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree in Gerontology
• Experience with program and project management
• Experience in website development and maintenance, Canvas, Banner, REDCap, Microsoft suite including Excel, and Google applications
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $48,000 - $50,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 32 hours/week Normal Work Days/Hours Varies Job Open Date 11/24/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101916 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond