Research Assistant Professor - Pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics - (FAC001637)
The Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences (PPS) at the College of Pharmacy, University of Houston invites applications for a part-time non-tenure-track Research Assistant Professor position in the areas of pharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics. The primary responsibility is to lead the efforts to obtain and maintain the regulatory compliance for ongoing and future biochemical, animal and human research in a large research group, analyze and develop in silico models for project-related data, and develop collaborative grant proposals to the internal (division of research) and external funding agencies (NIH, CIPRIT etc.) in the areas of drug metabolism and transport, drug delivery, bioanalysis of drugs and biomarkers, PK/PD modeling, drug-induced toxicity and gut microbiome.
The part-time Research Assistant Professor is expected to perform all duties described in the assigned projects, including but not limited to:
- leading the effort to obtain and maintain regulatory approval from IACUC/IRB/EHLS to ensure the compliance to all applicable laws and regulation
- preparing materials & proposals for submission to relevant granting agencies and foundations for external funding to advance lab’s research
- preparing progress and final reports, conducting literature reviews, collecting and analyzing data, attending grant related meetings, preparing publications, reports and presentations, and presenting research at national and international meetings
- supervising and/or mentoring other members of the grant team, including staff and graduate students, when required.
- building research collaborations to strengthen existing and expand new research capabilities
The University of Houston, with one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation, seeks to recruit and retain a diverse community of scholars. To apply, please submit your curriculum vitae, cover letter/letters of application, three letters of recommendation, unofficial transcripts, and research statement.
The University of Houston is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
PhD with 4 or more years of postdoctoral research experience in an academic setting and evidence of substantial experience in obtaining and maintaining animal/human studies protocols, writing successful grant proposals, and simultaneously interacting with and impacting multiple research projects. Strong academic and research credentials directly related to drug pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism and transport, method development using LC-MS/MS are highly desirable.
PhD in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology or other relevant fields with 4 or more years of postdoctoral research experience in an academic setting.
Notes to Applicant: Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of final candidate. All positions at the University of Houston are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston