Research Scientist - Psychological, Health, and Learning Sciences - (FAC001640)
A research scientist position is available to support a project funded by a grant from the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) pertaining to written-expression curriculum-based measurement at the University of Houston. Dr. Milena Keller-Margulis is the primary investigator on this study and will serve as the supervisor. This study will examine the development of a revised version of written-expression curriculum-based measurement (automated written expression curriculum-based measurement; aWE-CBM).
As project coordinator, this research scientist will oversee Institutional Review Board compliance as well as manage the recruitment, enrollment, retention, data collection, and data processing for the study. In addition, the research scientist will participate in data analysis, annual report preparation, and scholarly writing for publications and presentations. This research scientist will also work with the PI and co-Investigators to provide training and direct supervision to graduate research assistants working on this project, as well as facilitate collaboration across the two sites of the project (University of Houston and University of British Columbia – Vancouver).
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- A doctoral degree in school psychology, special education, or related field
- Experience working in schools with various professionals
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of statistics and measurement, plus experience with statistical software
Notes to Applicant: This is a grant funded position. This position is contingent upon continued funding after 8/31/2021. Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of final candidate. All positions at the University of Houston are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Statistics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston