Adjunct Faculty - Mathematical Biology - (ADJ000416)
The successful applicant will teach Mathematical Biology (Math 4309/BIOL 4309/6309) a mixed-section course that introduces mathematical modeling of biological systems at multiple levels of organization (e.g., molecules, cells, organisms, populations, communities, ecosystems) from multiple areas of biology (e.g., biochemistry, cell biology, developmental biology, physiology, neuroscience, genetics, evolutionary biology, epidemiology, ecology). Models illustrate concepts and techniques from multiple areas of mathematics (e.g., dynamical systems, network theory, stochastic processes, pattern formation, linear algebra, game theory). The University of Houston, with one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation, seeks to recruit and retain a diverse community of scholars. Please attach CV, cover-letter and teaching philosophy to the application. Incomplete applications may not receive full considered.
The University of Houston is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline.
Notes to Applicant: Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of final candidate. All positions at the University of Houston are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston