Academic Success Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT SPECIFICS: Full-Time (Exempt-Professional/Technical 260 days), 1.0FTE
*This is a grant-funded position with the potential for extension beyond the grant period depending on future funding.
EMPLOYMENT SPECIFICS: Fort Morgan, CO
PURPOSE/SUMMARY OF JOB:
A U.S. Department of Education Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions (DHSI) - Title V grant funds this position (Award #: P031S190160). The primary purpose of the grant is to expand educational opportunities for, and improve the academic attainment of, Hispanic and low-income students. Under general supervision, the Academic Success Coordinator will lead efforts to increase student retention and graduation rates college-wide by supporting students through a range of academic support strategies including tutoring, supplemental instruction, and other initiatives. Must travel as necessary to carry out job duties and participate in occasional evening and weekend commitments.
For information about MCC, see the college web site: www.morgancc.edu
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An associate degree and a combination of equivalent education and experience may substitute.
- Experience working as a tutor at the post-secondary level.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize, and effectively execute multiple initiatives, programs, and events.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop productive, collegial relationships, based on collaboration and effective communication.
- Experience working with at-risk and traditionally under-represented student populations in higher education.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally. Effective public speaking skills: ability to make group educational presentations.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office, presentation software, and an ability to utilize database tools to track monitor and organize students and communications.
- Occasional long and irregular hours necessitated by special projects, compliance with deadlines, length of institutional day and week, and committee service, including the ability to participate in evening and weekend commitments, as necessary.
- Ability to travel as necessary to carry out job duties.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Bilingual Spanish-English.
Anticipated Start Date: January 2021
Salary and Benefits:
$42,400 to $45,600, based on education, skills and experience. Benefits include health, life, dental insurance, vision, LTD & benefit package in accordance with Colorado Community College and Occupational Education System policies. No relocation assistance is provided.
Review of applications is ongoing. For maximum consideration, application packet must be received by 12/14/2020. All applicants must use the following link to apply: https://morgancc.applicantpro.com/. All required documents shall be uploaded using this link.
Complete application packets include:
- Cover Letter responding to the position description and required qualifications
- Complete and current resume
- MCC Employment Application: https://morgancc.applicantpro.com/
- Academic Transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable during the application process)
- Names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position
Incomplete application packets may not be considered.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Final candidates will be invited to travel to the College, at their own expense, to interview with the Screening Committee and college officials.
About Morgan Community College (MCC):
MCC is one of 13 colleges comprising the Colorado Community College System (CCCS). The college has consistently been named a Great College to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education in the past decade.
MCC is located on I-76, 80 miles northeast of Denver and approximately 100 miles east of Rocky Mountain National Park. MCC provides high quality lower division transferable courses and occupational education culminating in a variety of certificate, associate, and baccalaureate degree programs through traditional, innovative, and non-traditional delivery methods to an 11,500 square mile service area in eastern Colorado.
The College serves this vast, rural, agricultural area from its main campus in Fort Morgan and through four regional locations in Bennett, Limon, Burlington and Wray. These locations are 75 to 150 miles from the campus in Fort Morgan.
The College is seeking dynamic, creative individuals who are committed to the community college philosophy, student success, and public service. MCC seeks individuals looking for a rural or small community lifestyle, with excellent conditions for families; close proximity to a major metropolitan area; year-round recreation and natural beauty; and a dynamic, forward-looking workplace.
MCC utilizes four guiding principles that are intended to guide its work, both internally and externally. The guiding principles include (1) integrity, (2) respect, (3) open and honest communication, and (4) collaboration. These guiding principles are a daily part of MCC’s work, and candidates should be prepared to work by and contribute to the organization through these four guiding principles.
Our Diverse Community:
MCC exists in and serves one of the most diverse communities in Colorado. How the college serves the diverse community is an important reflection of MCC. As an institution, MCC is dedicated to continually improve its respect of and service to the diverse community and is of the utmost importance to promoting educational opportunities for underrepresented students. Applicants, if hired, should be prepared to participate in a workplace that promotes the equitable advancement of educational, social, financial, and other realms of our diverse communities and constituents.
Finalist must submit to and successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check as a condition of hire. It is Morgan Community College's procedure to conduct pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable to the position, driving history, credit check, and FBI Fingerprinting. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
As a condition of employment, each employee shall agree to abide by MCC's Drug-Free Workplace Policy Statement. It is the policy of Morgan Community College that employees shall not engage in the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession or use of a controlled substance in the workplace by an employee is prohibited. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to appropriate disciplinary actions, which may include termination. The policy in its entirety may be found on the MCC website: www.morgancc.edu.
Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986:
Morgan Community College complies with the federal Immigration Reform and Control Act of1986. Individuals hired will be required to provide documents to show identity and authorization to work. The law applies to all persons hired.
State of Colorado fiscal rules require all new hires to be placed on the Direct Deposit Payroll Program.
Former employees of Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information on the employment application.
For information regarding civil rights compliance or grievance procedures contact:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Officer; Title IX Coordinator: Julie Beydler Director of Human Resources 920 Barlow Road Fort Morgan, CO 80701 (970) 542-3129
Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Susan Clough Vice President for Administration and Finance 920 Barlow Road Fort Morgan, CO 80701 (970) 542-3127
Individuals may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.
Qualified protected class Individuals are encouraged to apply.
Discrimination and Harassment:
Morgan Community College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Morgan Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in educational programs.
Crime Statistics / Clery Act:
Morgan Community College publishes its Annual Campus Security Report in its entirety on the MCC website: www.morgancc.edu. The categories reported are: 1) Murder/Non-negligent manslaughter, 2) Forcible sex offenses including forcible rape, 3) Non-forcible sex offenses, 4) Robbery, 5) Aggravated assault, 6) Burglary, 7) Motor vehicle theft, 8) Arson, 9) Negligent manslaughter, 10) simple assault (pertaining to Hate Offenses), 11) Liquor law violations, 12) Drug law violations, and 13) Illegal weapons possessions. Upon request, an individual may receive a paper copy by addressing the request in writing to: Vice President of Student Services, Morgan Community College, 920 Barlow Road, Fort Morgan, CO 80701.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Fort Morgan
- Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Fort Morgan
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Fort Morgan
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Fort Morgan