Assistant Director of Research
If you would like to be a part of a community that enjoys a beautiful 400-acre campus with park-like settings, supports world-renowned research, teaching, and outreach, or assists students to become successful citizens, consider a career with Oregon State University.
Ecampus is seeking an Assistant Director of Research. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world.
The Assistant Director will work as a member of the Ecampus Research Unit on all aspects of research including study design, participant recruitment, data collection, data analysis and dissemination of findings. The successful applicant will specialize in social science research methodology and be able to work both independently and in diverse collaborative teams.
Under the supervision of the Research Director, the Assistant Director will jointly and independently:
- Develop new research projects and submit proposals to the IRB
- Create and implement data collection methods including surveys, interviews, observations and other assessments
- Develop and apply protocols to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data
- Prepare data and conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of data
- Write up findings for presentation and publication
- Develop and maintain research tools
- Manage the Ecampus Research Fellows program
- Consult with other researchers and OSU faculty on research projects
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position directly contributes to these goals by overseeing the design of research projects and tools that prioritize inclusivity and accessibility for a range of stakeholders.
Minimum (required) qualifications:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated experience in conducting social science research including research design, data collection and data analysis
- Demonstrated experience with human subject research protocols
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience with quantitative data management and analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency using quantitative software packages (i.e. SPSS, R, Stata)
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity including the ability to collaborate effectively across diverse cultures, units and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data analyses into written summaries and appropriate data displays for various stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects and deadlines, and collaborating with various internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentations, original writing, proofing, and copy-editing, intended for various audiences
- Experience working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead groups or teams
- Ph.D. in a social science field.; or Ph.D./Ed.D. with experience in an educational research setting
- Graduate level coursework in social science research methods and statistics
- Experience conducting research in the field of online education
- Work experience and/or teaching experience in higher education, especially online
- Experience consulting with faculty on social science research designs
- Experience with qualitative data analysis software (i.e. MAXQDA, NVivo)
- Experience writing grant proposals
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
For more details and to apply please go to
Posting closes 12/14/20
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis
- Research Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis