Assistant Professor of Spanish
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a full time, tenure track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the Department of Communication, Cultures, English & World Languages to begin August 2021. We seek a colleague with a strong commitment to undergraduate education in the liberal arts tradition who is a flexible educator able to cover a wide array of courses in the department.
Requirements for the position include:
- Ph.D. in Spanish, with a specialization in Latin American literature. ABD candidates will be considered if degree will be completed by August 2021.
- Ability to teach introductory language courses as well as literature, culture and linguistics courses in the Spanish major.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Understanding and support of the mission of Texas Lutheran University.
- Ability/willingness to teach interdisciplinary courses including the freshman seminar.
In our considerations, preference will be given to candidates who:
- Possess an M.A. in an additional language, such as French, and have teaching experience in that language.
- Can teach upper level Spanish courses in Latin American popular culture, such as film, music and/or television.
- Have experience teaching courses like Spanish for Health Professions.
- Have experience with the study of language acquisition pedagogy.
- Have experience with online course design.
- Have experience with study abroad programs.
Texas Lutheran University, a Hispanic Serving Institution, seeks applicants who are eager to join a culturally diverse community of learning. Our student body, reflective of the diversity of the State of Texas, is well over 40% Hispanic, with a strong African-American presence as well. Candidates who have the professional skills, experience, and/or the willingness to engage in teaching, collaborative research, and community service with our diverse student body are particularly sought. Salary is competitive with excellent benefits. For more information, consult our web site at http://www.tlu.edu.
Please submit a letter of application addressing the above criteria, a current curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of research interests, and three professional references (names, addresses, e- mail addresses, and telephone numbers). Also as part of your application file, submit a statement that addresses your past or potential future contributions to diversity through teaching, research, or service and/or your experience working with underrepresented student populations. Single-file, electronic submissions are preferred.
Separately, arrange for three confidential letters of recommendation to be submitted.
Please send your submissions to:
Dr. Steven S. Vrooman
Chair, Department of Communication, Cultures, English & World Languages
Review of applications will begin January 15 and will continue until the position is filled.
Texas Lutheran University has been recognized consistently as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and has been featured in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” rankings in various categories. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the University. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for Assistant Professor of Spanish
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Seguin
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Seguin
- Ethnic & Multicultural Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Seguin
- Foreign Languages & Literatures Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Seguin