Executive Director of Law School Advancement
The Executive Director reports to the Vice President for University Advancement and works closely with law school administration, staff, and faculty to develop and secure philanthropic support for the school. The position is responsible for providing support to the Law School in the area of advancement. The position serves on the University Advancement Leadership team.
Founded in 1852 by the Society of Mary, Marianists, St. Mary’s is a comprehensive Catholic and Marianist university with a strong tradition of integrating liberal arts with professional studies. St. Mary’s enrolls 4,000 students in a diverse university with five schools, more than 40 academic programs including Ph.D. and J.D. programs, and numerous pre-professional programs. St. Mary’s has been cited for high graduation rates among Texas colleges and is ranked among the best in the West Region for value and academic quality by U.S. News & World Report. St. Mary’s is the oldest Catholic university in the Southwest, and continues to advocate the Marianist mission of academic excellence and servant leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides leadership in the area of Advancement to the Law School.
- Creates a culture to secure annual, major and planned gifts o benefit the Law School.
- Maintains focused purposeful efforts to advance a professional culture within Law School Advancement.
- Maintains a portfolio of prospects for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Holds face to face meetings with prospective and current donors. Understands a metrics driven program.
- Assists the Law School Dean in providing support, leadership and advice for donor relationships.
- Works with other University colleagues to support alumni relations, stewardship, recognition, records and research.
- Provides leadership for the Law Alumni Association and the Board of Visitors.
- Works closely with the Vice President for University Advancement in areas of strategic planning and strategies used for donor relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree Required. Masters or JD preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Five or more years' experience in development or related business experience.
- Must have experience developing data informed decisions for annual giving strategies.
- Must have valid driver's license, motor vehicle liability insurance and personal injury insurance; or have a self-reliant source of transportation to conduct business on a daily basis
- Must clear and maintain a favorable background investigation and clearance
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to occasionally travel in Texas and other U.S. metropolitan areas.
- Ability to work well with others, prioritize goals, and stay focused in a multi-tasked diverse religious based (Catholic) work environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to ensure successful communication with senior business, legal, judicial, academic and governmental professionals.
- Coordination and organizational skills, with particular emphasis on database management, event planning and execution, and implementation of constituent relations and development strategies.
- Ability to provide leadership for the Law School Advancement office and its employees.
- Advanced office organizational and computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a changing environment.
- Ability to interface frequently with administrators, faculty, staff, students, donors, trustees and high profile individuals in the community. Must be highly responsive to the needs of others.
- Ability to stay informed of activities of the University in order to effectively articulate and incorporate relevant information in an oral and a written case for support.
Closing date: 12/31/20. Submit: Application, cover letter, resume, and list of references online at http://stmarytx.applicantpro.com/jobs/. EOE