Dean of Health Sciences
Dean of Health Sciences
Blue Bell, PA
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Dean of Health Sciences position. The Dean of Health Sciences provides leadership for a division that includes Dental Hygiene, Exercise Science & Wellness, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Professions, Medical Assisting, Medical Laboratory Technology, Nursing, Phlebotomy, Physical Therapist Assistant, Public Health, Radiography, and Surgical Technology. The Dean creates and maintains clear curricular paths to career and/or transfer, supports program growth and development, and provides visionary leadership while supporting students, faculty and staff in meeting the College’s student success goals. The Dean is an important liaison for the College with clinical agencies, business and industry partners, transfer partners, K-12 educators, government officials, grant agencies, and private funders. As a member of the VPAA’s leadership team, the Dean acts to further the institution’s goals towards diversity, equity, and inclusion. This position has college-wide responsibilities that require travel between campuses and to offsite locations.
*This position requires the PA Child Abuse, PA State Police and FBI Fingerprinting clearance.
- Master’s degree required in discipline represented by the academic units in the division; doctorate preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years previous teaching experience at the collegiate level, preferably at a comprehensive community college.
- Minimum of three (3) years administrative/leadership experience, preferably at a community college.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in healthcare and commitment to advancing healthcare professions through quality educational programming and community engagement.
- Experience in programmatic or regional accreditation.
- Excellent management, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Data management and analysis abilities with demonstrated abilities to apply quantitative and qualitative reasoning to assessment, planning, management, and communications tasks.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Word applications and other productivity, communication, and presentation tools.
- Knowledge of and experience with a range of instructional delivery modalities.
- Experience in curriculum or program development.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience in grant and philanthropic acquisition, management, and reporting preferred.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of nine “2018 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities Closing date for applications is 01/08/2021.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.