Assistant Professor of Biology
Expectation and Condition of Employment - Howard Payne University, a church-related institution affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, seeks to employ evangelical Christians who are dedicated to teaching and service as they model the principles of the Christian faith and the University’s sincere religious beliefs.
Howard Payne University (hereafter, University) is committed to the integration of learning and Christian faith in the pursuit of truth. Employees are expected to embrace the Christian Mission Statement and Core Values of the University and must support the University’s affirmation of traditional Christian and Baptist beliefs by leading lives of service through active involvement in Christian activities both on campus and through a local church.
Mission Statement - Howard Payne University is a Christ-centered academic community dedicated to excellence by developing and equipping the whole person for intellectual inquiry, personal and professional integrity, and service to God and humanity.
Core Values of Howard Payne University - Seeking to engage the life of the mind and the life of the Spirit, Howard Payne University affirms that:
- God is the loving creator of all things and the author of all truth;
- Because God is the author of all truth, open inquiry is an act of intellect and of faith and is to be wholly embraced;
- Because open inquiry is an act of intellect and of faith, such efforts must proceed from rigorous academic standards and genuine commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord;
- For open inquiry to contain rigorous academic standards and genuine Christian commitment, there must be at all times a supportive learning environment that affirms human dignity for all as created in the image of God; and
- Committing oneself to the teachings of Jesus will result in Christ-centered, God-honoring and humanity-serving life choices characterized by honesty, integrity, healthy lifestyles and personal responsibility.
As a condition of employment, employees agree to be paid by Direct Deposit.
Your signature on the job description (found at www.hputx.edu/jobs) indicates your understanding and affirmation of all of the statements above.
Job Summary – The successful candidate will manage biology courses, teach biology lectures and prepare syllabi, prepare for and teach labs as assigned, promote and mentor undergraduate biology student research projects, and contribute in other ways to the university.
Education and/or Experience – Master’s degree or equivalent; or 4 or to 10 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ph.D. in Biology or sub-discipline preferred, ABD will be considered as will 18 hours of upper level biology with teaching experience.