Senior Director of Communications and Marketing
Office: Communications and Marketing
Reports to: Vice President for Communications and Marketing
Work Period: 12 month
Job Grade: 10
GENERAL SUMMARY: Serves with the vice president for communications and marketing (C&M) in the management and operation of the Office of Communications and Marketing within the guidelines of federal, state and local laws and office, division and college policies and procedures. Reports to the vice president for communications and marketing and works with office staff, staff and faculty, offices and departments, Office of the President, vendors, outside contractors and others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops, directs and implements a communication and marketing strategy to elevate the profile of the college by building its public recognition and awareness as a top liberal arts institution.
- Writes, edits and prepares internal and external messages (including messaging for the Office of the President), social and traditional media messages, releases and advisories, opinion editorials, articles, speeches and other messaging as necessary.
- Oversees the work of the communications, design and events teams with emphasis on brand management, the website, social and traditional media, Agnes Scott The Magazine, The Irvine, auxiliary revenue, overall project management and divisional day-to-day administration.
- Manages the division budget.
- Advises college divisions, offices, departments and programs on their communication and marketing projects, ensuring that such projects align with and support the college's overall communications and marketing goals.
- Serves as a divisional liaison to internal committees, advisory groups and task forces.
- Serves as a college representative on external speaking platforms, committees and organizations.
- Routinely monitors and measures the effectiveness of all C&M projects, events and activities.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field
of study. Experience working in higher education preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 7 years of experience; including management/supervisory experience.
- Experience managing people and projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Budget management experience and knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to work well with all campus constituencies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a heavy workload and multiple priorities.
- Travel and work in off-campus settings may be required.
- Irregular hours, evenings or weekends may be routinely required.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking and occasional moving of light objects. Work is generally performed in an office.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Please apply online. Position is posted until filled. Due to the overwhelming response to the college's staff openings we are unable to respond personally to individual telephone inquiries. No faxed submissions please.
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information, gender identity and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Decatur
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Decatur
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Decatur
- Editing & Publications Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Decatur