Learning Technologies System Administrator
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) is seeking a Learning Technologies System Administrator with a focus on the area of online quiz development and delivery. This is a great opportunity to support UW-Madison in the use of its advanced quizzing tools—in particular, the Atomic Assessments courseware, which is integrated with the Canvas learning management system. This position provides support to faculty and instructional staff who may be seeking to effectively implement quizzing activities in complex scientific, technological, engineering and/or mathematical concepts. Software problem verification and reporting, quality assurance testing, and vendor coordination are also a part of this role. In addition, this position provides some administration and user support for Canvas and other central learning technologies.
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides information technology services to UW-Madison. This position serves the teaching and learning mission of the UW-Madison from within the Learn@UW-Madison service, a group located within DoIT's Academic Technology (AT) department (for more about AT and Learn@UW-Madison, see https://at.doit.wisc.edu/learn-uw/).
- Minimum of one year hands-on experience of administration and/or management of an application with a small to moderate number of end users.
- Minimum of one year working directly with a learning management system, other learning technologies, or related software.
- Minimum of one year experience related to application support, either in a technical support area, academic department, computer lab, help desk, library, or training environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player.