Senior Research Quality Analyst
Performs quality control testing in accordance with good laboratory practices regulations. Maintains the quality assurance/quality control(QA/QC) program including providing leadership and guidance to junior staff, developing new procedures, validating and training other staff in these procedures, and assisting in the maintenance of good manufacturing practices requirements in the production facilities. Assists laboratory coordinator in organizational supervision/responsibility of assigned divisions of the QA/QC laboratory. Maintains proactive customer service as QA/QC representative to various facility group meetings.
- Interprets results as designated by protocols to determine safety as related to the activities of the QA/QC Program.
- Participates in general laboratory duties including specimen handling, records management, and supply inventory.
- Collect data from varying laboratory information systems from all BCM pathology facilities.
- Weekly tracking and/or distribution of peer review cases for each BCM/CPA facility.
- Ongoing collection of QM data for Quality Dashboard for each month.
- Develop and send pathologists monthly summary reports documenting their TAT and peer review results.
- Ensure all peer review cases are returned to facility from which they were received.
- Ensure protocol is followed should any TAT stats or peer review cases fall out of threshold.
- Ensure all QM manuals are current, reviewed, and signed by Medical Director(s). Prepare annual QM Plan(s) for each facility based on the Annual QM Summary with Medical Director(s).
- Order, distribute, track, and maintain records for CAP PT/continuing education for all facilities/pathologists.
- Meet with Medical Director(s) and lab supervisors at least quarterly to discuss trends and actions needed; prepare and distribute agendas at all locations.
- Assistance with College of American Pathologists inspection
process specifically regarding Quality Management. Assistance with
CLIA inspections of facility frozen section laboratories. Ensure
customer and employee satisfaction by coordinating customer surveys
and reviewing customer concerns.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: Five years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- ASCP registered HT, HTL or CT.
- ASCP certification preferred.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston