Senior Manager, Financial Aid
The Sr. Manager of Financial Aid is responsible for overseeing student financial aid processes for awarding student loans, grants and scholarship packages. This includes monitoring work-study, satisfactory academic progress, accreditation compliance, and federal, state, and local grant expenditures.
This multifaceted position requires the professional to excel within three main categories; managerial, developmental, and implementation:
- The essential function of the Senior Manager is to manage the Financial Aid Office's staff. It is their responsibility to ensure that the administrative functions are proceeding proficiently. The Senior Manager will evaluate the performance of personnel to see where improvements need to be made. They are accountable for ensuring that opportunities are provided for staff professional development to improve the overall satisfaction, efficiency, and accuracy of the office.
- The Senior Manager is responsible for overseeing student financial aid processes for awarding student loans, grants and scholarship packages. This includes monitoring work-study, satisfactory academic progress, and federal, state, and local grant expenditures.
- Develops strategies for budgets, personnel needs, and operational expenses must be created and monitored for compliance. Measures cost of attendance for students seeking financial aid must be assessed to maintain proper calculations for assistance on a continual basis.
- Establishes strategies that are in compliance with accreditation guidelines, federal and state regulations that align with the institution’s objectives for enrollment. This supports enrollment retention and new student recruitment.
- Ensures adherence to laws and regulations as this is fundamental to the infrastructure of the financial aid program. Oversee the proper implementation of federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulations and policies, is the Senior Manager's core function.
- Maintains proper compliance with laws and regulations, the Senior Manager ensures all required federal, state, and local reports of the institution’s financial aid data are submitted accurately and on time.
- Bachelor's degree. .
- Five years of relevant experience. Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston