Tang Guide (2 positions available)
The Tang Guides program is new program that re-envisions visitor services at the museum. Tang Guides work alongside our students and full-time staff at our Visitor Services Desk, while also functioning as gallery ambassadors and tour guides. Tang Guides are an integral part of our front-line visitor services team, ensuring positive experiences for all patrons.
Responsibilities will include:
• Staffing the museum’s Visitor Services Desk: Tang Guides answer the main museum phone line, check in visitors to the museum, and perform other administrative tasks as assigned
• Serving as roaming docents in the galleries: Tang Guides provide visitors with additional information about the Tang and specific exhibitions as they circulate through the galleries
• Providing security in the exhibitions: Tang Guides maintain the safety of the artwork on display and ensure visitors follow both museum and exhibition requirements
• Offering tours as requested: Tang Guides lead tours of the museum to individuals and groups who request them
• Attending regular training workshops and tours, both in-person and via Zoom
Tang Guides must be available to work evenings and weekends with regularity. There will be paid on-the-job training for this position which includes proper museum protocols/procedures, instruction on how to give tours, and on ways to connect with visitors. Tang Guides will also have opportunities to interact with curators and artists to gain greater insight into Tang exhibitions. A flexible schedule is key: in this position, there will be periods throughout the year with a significant number of workable hours available, and other times with fewer hours.Minimum Qualifications
This position requires a personable, organized, reliable, and task-oriented individual. Knowledge and appreciation of art/art history, especially contemporary art, is helpful. Past customer service or receptionist/front desk experience a plus. This position requires long periods of standing.Preferred Qualifications EEO Statement
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus
community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not
discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic
origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status,
domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence,
or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS .
To be considered for this position, please fill out an online application and attach the following documents: cover letter, resume and list of three references. The list must include name, title, company, email address and telephone number of three professional references.
All documents must be attached through the application system. If you encounter difficulty, please contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 518 580.5800.Posting Date 11/23/2020 Closing Date
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs