Steward Culinary Arts (Part-time)
Steward Culinary Arts (Part-time)
9700 Wade Blvd.
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Steward Culinary Arts (Part-time) .
Provide basic upkeep, maintenance and minor repairs of culinary department equipment/areas and storeroom. Work schedule may require work on weekends, mornings, afternoons or evening time frames as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine cleaning, maintenance, sanitation and deep cleaning duties in commercial teaching kitchens. Utilize correct cleaning chemicals and cleaning tools in order to complete cleaning and sanitation tasks.
- Receive janitorial and chemical cleaning supplies and distribute to correct locations practicing first in, first out (FIFO) principles.
- Set-up, operate and clean a commercial dishwasher and three-compartment sink.
- Empty trash containers, sweep, mop and deck brush floors as needed. Clean dining area table surfaces, as needed. Remove all bulk trash/recycle materials to appropriate containers/exterior dumpster and perform other cleaning, as needed. Must maintain cleanliness of dumpster area.
- Perform and maintain inventory of linens, chemical cleaning supplies, catering supplies, small wares and commercial equipment.
- Perform daily laundry of kitchen towels and linens which includes proper sorting, folding and storing.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized equipment areas including janitor and ware washing room.
- Report pest, equipment, plumbing, electrical and building repairs needed or completed to the culinary lab coordinator in a timely manner.
- File and maintain up-to-date work order request forms, steward cleaning log, temperature log, current MSDS sheet, and grease trap form into designated folders/binders.
- Maintain technical knowledge by reviewing MSDS sheets and equipment manuals. Maintain any sustainability initiative generated by the faculty and staff of the hospitality management and culinary arts department.
- Greet campus visitors, students, faculty, staff and the general public in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner. Assist other areas and team members as needed.
- Must wear proper culinary uniform during shift and personal protective equipment as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School Diploma or High School Equivalency/GED required. At least one (1) year of combined experience in food service, receiving, inventory, or food preparation is preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Current Texas driver's license and insurable with the College's insurance carrier.
Servsafe certification or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic maintenance and usage of commercial equipment
- Knowledge of chemicals and the types of metals/materials found in the kitchens
- Knowledge of composting methods and processes used
- Knowledge of tools
- Knowledge of college policies, procedures and Core Values
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to use chemicals safely
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to set up, operate and clean the commercial dishwasher
- Ability to perform minor repairs
- Ability to read, write and carry out oral and/or written instructions/requests in English
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and student privacy as required by department policy and procedure
- Must be flexible with work schedule. Ability to work in the afternoon and evening, between noon and 10:50 p.m. is a must
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $13.07 - 13.07
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney