CLIENT AND AUDIO VIDEO TECHNOLOGY PROJECT MANAGER
Information Technology at IC believes that the organization's greatest asset is the quality and person integrity of its staff. Our Engagement and Client Technology group provides services and functions related to client technologies, productivity tools and efficiencies, and interaction with our clients.
The CLIENT AND AUDIO VIDEO TECHNOLOGY PROJECT MANAGER provides project management for AV and client IT projects undertaken by Information Technology to ensure projects are conceived, designed, planned and executed effectively, efficiently and within time, budget and quality targets; collaborates with facilities, business, technical staff and vendors to gather and translate business requirements into technical definitions to be used for implementing a solution to meet business needs; and effectively manages multiple projects simultaneously and provides assistance with AV installations as required.
This position reports to the Director of Engagement and Client Technologies and directly supervises the AV Technician position and may provide guidance / supervision to students employees.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Provide project management for AV and client IT projects undertaken by Information Technology to ensure projects are conceived, designed, planned and executed effectively, efficiently and within time, budget and quality targets.
- Collaborate with staff from the office of Facilities and other stakeholders across the College to provide leadership for technology related initiatives.
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and provide assistance with AV installations as required. Manage, track and report on project schedules, budgets, and risks. Clarify and document project requirements and objectives, coordinate the efforts of project teams, acquire resources, manage third party contractors and control project scope. Assist in the collection and documentation of project objectives, manage stakeholder and project team member expectations.
- Develop and review Statement of Work (SOW) and Build of Materials (BOM) specifications for each project / initiative.
- Consistently communicate project health and status to stakeholders. Escalate matters of significance; ensure that project documents are complete, current and stored properly; collect, document and share project lessons learned.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the development, design, documentation and commission installations of AV technology and systems to include AV Control, digital signal processing and wireless presentation to assure the AV technology needs of the College are met.
- Collaborate with the Director of Engagement and Client Technologies, the Provost’s office, Teaching and Learning with Technology, and other members of the IT technology team to develop a strategy for AV technology management and replenishment.
- Maintain an awareness of new and emerging AV technologies that would support the various teaching modalities and pedagogy, increase efficiencies and reduce costs. Implement a real time monitoring utility that will allow proactive review of classroom AV technology issues.
- Ensure that the College’s AV environment meets accessibility, compliance and risk standards.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining budgets related to audio-visual operational and capital project expenses.
- Define and develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that focus on hardware utilization in the classrooms.
- Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse, and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of project management experience with projects of various sizes and complexity, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with industry standard project management terms, concepts and best practices, along with strong analytical skills, including the ability to interpret customer business needs and translate them into operational requirements. Well developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts. A diverse project portfolio to include the familiarity with and successful implementation of AV projects within the higher education environment is preferred.
Most of the work of the incumbent is carried out within a generally accessible, safe, indoor environment. The incumbent will be required to operate a personal computer and associated equipment such as computer printers as well as other office equipment used in the day-to-day office operations. Ithaca College understands our obligation to operate in accordance with NYS Department of Health Guidance applicable to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. This includes but is not limited to physical distancing, use of PPE, hand hygiene, regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched and high risk areas, and daily and/or weekly employee health screenings.
HIRING RANGE: $59,800 - $76,000
EMPLOYMENT AT ITHACA COLLEGE
As an employee at Ithaca College, you’ll get much more than a competitive salary and the traditional advantages. We pride ourselves on providing our benefit-eligible employees with the most comprehensive benefits possible, including work/life balance, generous paid time off policies, career-enhancing trainings, employee and dependent tuition assistance, and opportunities to give back to the community. Beyond benefits, you’ll enjoy the kind of uniquely rewarding work environment that can only be found in a vibrant college community.
To apply, i nterested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references. Questions about online applications should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com . Preference will be given to applicants who have current or previous Ithaca College experience.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca