Culinary Storeroom Clerk (Part-time)
Culinary Storeroom Clerk (Part-time)
9700 Wade Blvd.
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Culinary Storeroom Clerk (Part-time) .
Issue requisitioned food or items requested by chefs or teachers needed to teach his or her class. Inspect and receive food order from commercial vendors for the Culinary Arts Department. Keep the culinary storerooms sanitary, clean, and organized.
Work schedule may require work on weekends, mornings, afternoons, or evening time frames as needed per semester. Must be available to work noon to 10:50 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a cart from a requisition sheet submitted by chefs the day before class. Breakout frozen food in advance to allow to thaw for needed by chefs.
- Receive food orders from commercial vendors, ensure items match invoices, inspect the quality of the food or items ordered, put the food in proper places on shelves, in the cooler and freezer. Report any defective items received or issues to culinary lab assistant and culinary lab coordinator.
- Forward invoices to culinary lab coordinator.
- Retrieve food cart from kitchen lab. Record and restock food items and ensure proper wrapping and labeling. Write down food items being returned by the class from the kitchen. Weigh and record the number of items being returned. Return items to shelf or cooler.
- Replenish classroom par stock as needed and issue last minute food requisitions.
- Cut large bulk of meats and cheeses into smaller portions; date and label properly and vacuum pack as needed. Vacuum pack fabricated meats and food products from culinary classes and wrap breads from pastry classes. Properly label each item.
- Sweep and mop the storeroom and cooler prior to the end of shift. Perform deep cleaning at the end of the semester. Follow proper usage of cleaning chemicals.
- Must wear proper culinary uniform during shift and personal protective equipment as needed.
- Assist in inventory as needed. Assist other areas and team members as needed.
- Greet campus visitors, students, faculty, staff and the general public in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School Diploma or High School Equivalency/GED required. At least one (1) year of combined experience in food service, receiving, inventory, or food preparation is preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Servsafe certification or equivalent is preferred. Must be able to pass the certification once hired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of culinary arts and pastry
- Knowledge of commercial vendor delivery and receipt
- Knowledge of food inspection
- Knowledge of First In, First Out Rule for rotating old and new stock items
- Organization skills
- Sanitation skills
- Ability to package and store foods
- Ability to set up food carts
- Ability to track inventory
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and student privacy as required by department policy and procedure
- Ability to push, pull, lift 50 pounds multiple times in a shift
- Ability to stand for long period of time
- Ability to inspect product’s quality by checking appearance, smell and texture
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $13.07 - 13.07
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Nutrition Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney