Assistant to the Executive Dean
Assistant to the Executive Dean
Multiple Campus Locations, Multiple Campus Locations
Farmersville, Texas, 75442
We are searching for an experienced Assistant to the Executive Dean
Provide comprehensive administrative support for the Executive Dean's Office, including coordination of the daily schedule, of appointments, meetings, conferences (on and off campus), and travel arrangements. Prepare agenda and other documents and complete tasks related to a variety of meetings. Assist the Executive Dean with ensuring compliance and implementation of state and institutional policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to inquiries and transmit instructions and recommendations on behalf of and in the absence of the Executive Dean. Represent the Executive Dean in communications with administrators, faculty, staff, students, public officials, and the community. Inform Executive Dean of actions and recommendations on his/her behalf.
- Prepare a wide variety of forms, documents and reports, including contracts, financial records and forms, state or county documents and reports, board and division meetings, conferences, and travel records; creates and maintains filing system as required by law and the Collin College Retention Policy; proofreads all work to ensure accuracy, etc.
- Assist with special projects and presentations. Manage the travel needs of the Executive Dean through Cougar Travel and assist with travel requests of faculty and staff members. Assist in planning, hosting, and supporting official events sponsored by the VP/Provost and President's Office.
- Assist the Executive Dean with preparation, revision, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the campus budget. Process a variety of financial documents according to Business Office procedures.
- Purchase supplies and equipment for the Campus, as needed, through the college's Purchasing System and Bookstore. Process purchase requisitions. Receive invoices and assist vendors with billing questions.
- Assist with scheduling of classes as needed.
- May supervise Instructional Office and receptionist support personnel, if applicable.
- Use current systems to acquire needed information on students, faculty loads, facilities scheduling and budget. Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to the executive's office, including organizational plans and human resources matters.
- Serve as backup and assist district-wide Executive Assistants as needed.
- Attend necessary training classes as required and seek out those classes which add further support to the Executive Dean’s office.
- Maintain working knowledge of college policies and procedures and respond to emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.
- May travel between campuses to attend meetings, workshops, and seminars.
- Maintain campus’s organizational chart and assist in maintaining Campus web page.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Two (2) additional years of directly related experience may be substituted to meet the education requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of college policies, procedures, and Core Values
- Knowledge of multiple software systems including CougarMart, ERP, Argos, Ad Astra, Cougar Travel, and other relevant systems
- Knowledge of budget, accounting principles, and financial reporting
- Knowledge of college policies regarding completion of forms
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Research skills
- Proofreading skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to follow-up with vendors and other departments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records
- Ability to use office equipment including phone, printer and fax scanner
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $40,863.00 - 46,992.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Financial Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney