Building Automated System Specialist
Job Summary/Basic Function
- Perform journey-level work in the repair, maintenance, service, modification, troubleshooting, inspection and monitoring of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration ( HVAC -R) equipment controls.
- Monitor, modify and operate the building automation system ( BAS ).
- Troubleshoot, maintain, modify and repair electric, pneumatic and digital controls which operate fans and fan motors, pumps and pump motors and associated safety, overcurrent and other equipment protection devices.
- Monitor and adjust the heating, cooling, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment by means of the BAS as well as hands-on work; analyze, enhance and debug BAS computer control software programming; set up, troubleshoot, repair, test and calibrate electronic components for BAS computer control.
Specific work includes but not limited to:
- Develops, writes, tests and installs
- Verify field conditions and status of installed systems and interfaces
- Verify valve and damper operation and all sensor inputs to system
- Utilize BAS system to verify proper controlled system operation
- Verify that programming reflects designed control sequences
- Troubleshoot and modify control systems to include local controllers, communication wiring, programs, and schedules
- Ensure proper set-points, schedules, and sequences of operation are correctly programmed
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks such as point to point check-out, sensor calibration, and software back-up
- Program schedule changes into the system
- Maintain inventory of critical control parts
- Create and perform preventative maintenance programs for all temperature control systems and revise the automatic control systems as needed
- Coordinate with BAS installation subcontractor and mechanical / electrical system contractor(s)
- Develop and implement application hardware and software programing for components not normally found in a BAS such as chemical feed pumps, bell chimes, various alarms, water tower level, etc.
- Review and provide input to renovation and design projects
- Train others on the proper operation of the BAS system using the graphics interface
- Analyze trending data to identify issues and enhance performance
- Present information to management in raw and summarized graphic information
- Assist with tracking electrical and water usage throughout campus.
- Develop, write, test and install computer code and block programming to operate the various building automation systems controlling a variety of components.
- Test and evaluate computer block programming and lines of code written by outside contractors for accuracy and efficient operation.
- Correct and modify code as needed, install and retest programs.
- Troubleshoot, check, calibrate, adjust, repair and replace component of the digital, electronic, electrical and pneumatic temperature controls system using computers, voltmeters ammeters, pressure gauges and other tools.
- Understand the interrelationships of the various components of building systems that control environmental conditions, computers, digital controllers, fans, dampers, valves, step controllers, air switches, thermostats, humidistats, sensors, actuators, etc.
- Recommend, execute and document modifications to control systems in order to improve performance, both in comfort conditions and in energy conservation.
- Assist other trades by manipulating building automation programming to enable them to accomplish their tasks.
- Read and understand engineering drawings including wiring, one lines, operational sequences, operation manuals, control flow charts and schematics.
- Capable of suggesting sequence changes to meet field conditions.
- Support HVAC Refrigeration Mechanics and other trades by providing technical assistance and offering guidance.
- Keep current on industry trends and latest practices concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of equipment or components associated with this trade.
- Be knowledgeable and experienced with safely operating hand and power tools and equipment.
- This position is designated an essential employee position. Employee is expected to report to work during their designated shift during emergency situations, university closures or delays. Work performed during these events will require duties typically outside normal job duties and functions. For a full description go to the University Governance & Policies Manual
- Salary range $58,895 to $64,294, commensurate with experience, plus comprehensive benefits including tuition waiver for self and dependents.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING :
- One year of experience in Building Automation Systems ; or
- Two years of BAS technology experience that includes one year of technical experience in the HVAC field or BAS management, and a degree in any post secondary HVAC career field; or
- Four years of HVAC systems experience that includes one year of technical experience in BAS management; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training that
includes one year of technical experience in HVAC field or BAS
Demonstrated ability to:
- Perform functions of position (knowledge and experience)
- Program, troubleshoot and modify software applications and code for BAS components
- Optimize BAS operations
- Think analytically and independently;
- Troubleshoot, maintain, modify and repair heating, ventilation systems, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment
- Debug, analyze and enhance BAS computer programs;
- Read and comprehend plans and blueprints as appropriate to trade;
- Maintain cooperative working relationships;
- Analyze trending data to identify issues and improve system performance
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Successful interview, pre-employment physical and back screen, satisfactory background clearances.
- Certificate or 2-degree in HVAC Building Automation Systems Technology, electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, or similar field.
- Substantial work experience in a related field may be substituted for the degree or certificate.
- Experience working in union environment.
- Previous experience working in campus/institutional with multiple commercial buildings.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is designated an essential employee position. Employee is expected to report to work during their designated shift during emergency situations, university closures or delays. Work performed during these events will require duties typically outside normal job duties and functions. For a full description go to the University Governance & Policies Manual
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville