OPS Athletics Marketing Photographer
The OPS Athletics Marketing Photographer will be scheduled to supply photography for 15 Division I athletic teams including home and select away events including pre-scheduled studio photography and creative team photoshoots. Athletic Marketing and Communications will provide requests for B roll photography showing FGCU student athletes and students interacting at events and on campus. Photos may be required to be edited for specific projects using special effects for website, social media, graphics and other promotional and marketing purposes.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Attends home and select away contests and events to take photos.
Processes photos including editing, cataloging, culling, and key wording.
Updates the department’s social media sites with photos.
Assist with equipment set up and maintenance.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Three or more years of relevant experience in photography, including action sports photography for outdoor and indoor sports.
Experience with photography equipment, techniques, and editing.
Experience with Adobe Software (Bridge and Photoshop).
Has necessary personal camera equipment (Camera and Lenses).
Ability to travel to attend both home and away contests.
Experience with the creative controls of a DSLR Camera.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in photography composure and editing
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take studio portraits and work with studio lighting equipment.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
- Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to travel to attend both home and away games and events.
- Ability to check email daily for new assignments.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.