Athletics Student Photographer
The Student Photographer will assist with all facets of the department’s photographic needs, including events, games, campus life, academics, studio portraits and more for website, social media, graphics and other promotional and marketing purposes.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Attends home and away contests and events to take photos.
Processes photos including editing, cataloging, culling, and key wording.
Updates the department’s social media sites with photos.
Assist with equipment set up and maintenance.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Enrolled as a degree seeking student at Florida Gulf Coast University at the time of hire and throughout the appointment.
Must have a minimum GPA 2.5 and be in good conduct standing with the University.
One year of relevant experience in photography or received a passing grade in PGY 2801 Photography 1 class.
Experience with photography equipment, techniques, and editing.
Experience with Adobe Software (Bridge and Photoshop).
Has necessary personal camera equipment (Camera and Lenses).
Ability to travel to attend both home and away contests.
Received a grade “A” in PGY 2801 Photography 1 class.
Experience with the creative controls of a DSLR Camera.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Skill in photography composure and editing
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to take studio portraits and work with studio lighting equipment.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.