Small Business Advisor I
The Small Business Advisor specializing in government contracts. This position helps Florida businesses identify, compete for, win, and manage government contracts, Federal, State and Local.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Provides direct technical assistance to small business clients in the research and development of responses to Federal, State or Local, contract proposals.
• Advises clients in micro and small business management practices, methods, and techniques in compliance with all relevant business, guidelines, and standards specific to winning contract solicitations.
• Participates in the development, promotion, coordination, and delivery of small business management training programs and workshops.
• Coordinates and/or participates in efforts to build relationships with area businesses to establish and develop contract training opportunities.
• Participates, as assigned, as a member of community groups and organizations to promote local business and economic development within the service area. Builds relationships to generate clients for program.
• Monitors operational activities and effectiveness of results, and prepares reports as appropriate.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Two years of professional full-time teaching experience in general business or small business development.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) software.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Experience in business consulting with a specialization of contracting management.
- Experience conducting trainings and workshops on key procurement topics.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of small business ownership, management, and practices.
- Knowledge of contracting and procurement processes including finding, responding and managing a contract.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to individuals and groups
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to gather data, maintain records, and prepare reports and other written materials.
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments.
- Ability to conduct market research and analysis.
- Ability to develop training presentations and programs.
- Ability to utilize data and information to make decisions and projections.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers