University Code 34062 University Title Research Coordinator 2 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Research Coordinator Position Number 557960 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Health Behavior And Policy Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Research Coordinator will support research activities under the supervision of the Principal Investator. Research activities related to funded projects may include IRB, recruitment, data collection and other day-to-day project management. The research coordinator will manage all research staff such as hourly research assistants and patient navigators.
Additionally the research coordinator will manage the Massey Cancer Center ( MCC ) Health Communication and Digital Innovation Core. The purpose of the Core is to facilitate the acquisition of health communication technology and make it available to faculty across the university and external collaborators.
Minimum Hiring Standards
The work required for this position is complex and requires the person to perform as a key member of the research team.
- The person must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and ethical guidelines related to human subjects research in a medical setting.
- The position requires strong interpersonal abilities in order to work with individuals in many different organizations.
- The person must be able to set priorities under deadline pressure.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ability to work independently and reliably.
- Familiarity with cancer treatment protocols.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in project coordination of a large funded research project is preferred.
- Experience and training in the area of counseling or subject interviewing is preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range 45,000-48,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 11/23/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101906 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education?
- high school
- * How many years of experience do you have as a research
- * Do you have knowledge of medical terminology and excellent
- * Do you have experience preparing paperwork for IRB?
- * Do you have research experience with cancer patients?
- * Does your experience include working and communicating with a
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond