Senior Financial Administrator
University Code 18312 University Title Supervisor/Senior Supervisor; Finance University Job Family Financial Services ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Senior Financial Administrator Position Number 532390 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Social Work Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Social Work ( SSW ) invites applications for an experienced finance professional with progressively responsible experience in preparing budgets, forecasting and analysis of multiple financial areas. Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration, the Senior Financial Administrator ensures accurate and timely processing of all activities concerning budget, financial analysis, accounting, auditing, and fixed assets for SSW . This includes reviewing all transactions by established internal controls for compliance with University/Commonwealth policies and procedures; overseeing/maintaining the accuracy of financial records and ensuring financial compliance with all applicable laws, industry guidelines, university policies and funding restrictions for all SSW indices (record management; reviewing all fiscal transactions, approving all on-line requisitions/purchase orders, journal entries and Purchase Card log sheets for all SSW indexes). This position provides backup support to the Assistant Dean and assists with forecasting and executing operational budgets, serving as the point of contact for faculty and staff throughout the School to provide financial expertise and support. The successful applicant will demonstrate an understanding of VCU’s Code of Ethics and commitment to integrity and ethical behavior by example in day-to-day activities as well as treats data as confidential and protects it from unauthorized disclosure.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Working knowledge of budgeting, accounting and auditing skills and principles required.
• Degree from an accredited institution in finance, accounting, business administration or related field; or a combination of education and equivalent work experience at a level that equates to a degree.
• Experience in creation, design, and editing of spreadsheets in Excel required.
• Position requires an attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, effective interpersonal skills and high levels of initiative and self-motivation.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and an ethical understanding for application of compliance mandates through internal controls is required.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
• The ability to make decisions and work independently and to communicate effectively with all levels of administration.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Experience working in a university or comparable setting with university foundation accounts.
• Systems experience in Banner, Realsource, RCM budget model, SAS, ChromeRiver, and familiarity with university policies surrounding procurement activities.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $65,000 - $72,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 hrs/wk Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 11/23/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101915 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience in the areas of budgeting,
financial analysis, accounting, auditing, and forecasting:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide specific examples of your organizational
skills and ability to multi-task in a deadline driven
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience in creation, design, and
editing of spreadsheets in Excel:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond