Associate Vice-President & Dean of Liberal Arts and Business & Professional Studies
SUNY Broome Community College is a comprehensive community college located in the scenic Southern Tier of New York. The College has approximately 10,000 students annually, and services over 4,000 full-time and nearly 3,000 part-time students per semester in Liberal Arts, Business & Professional Studies, Health Sciences, and STEM programs. An additional 10,000 students are served through the College’s community education and non-credit programs.
SUNY Broome Community College is seeking a full-time Associate Vice-President and Dean of Liberal Arts and Business & Professional Studies (AVP/Dean) who will report to the Vice-President of Academic Affairs. The AVP/Dean of the division is responsible for the overall management and leadership of the two divisions; leads the departments in collaboration with faculty chairs; leads faculty in program and course-level assessment as well as developing and managing the assessment schedule; and plays a key role in academic policy formulation and the building and achieving of an academic master plan to lead the College into the future.
The AVP/Dean must be knowledgeable with regard to bargaining agreements and administer these agreements as they relate to SUNY Broome Community College. Must be a proven leader through the use of assessment and data-evidenced approaches to drive program development and improvement, scheduling, and the planning for resource allocation for budget decisions aligned with the Strategic Plan. As a key position in the Division of Academic Affairs, the AVP/Dean will develop goals to assist in the achievement of Strategic Plan outcomes.
• Supervises the scheduling, advising, and registration
processes within the divisions.
• Administers and monitors a systematic process for student advising within the College’s advisement system.
• Represents divisional needs to various service departments.
• Supervises the evaluation of the performance of all faculty annually and makes recommendations on retention, tenure, and promotion.
• Works with departments in maintaining student records as required.
• Supervises selection, purchase, maintenance, and inventory of all equipment.
• Administers the student and faculty grievance processes.
• A Master’s Degree is required; doctorate preferred.
• Five (5) years of experience in higher education is required including a combination of both teaching and academic management.
• Ability to relate fairly and objectively with all employees and students.
• Possess an understanding of the various conceptual and methodological features of the disciplines offered within the division(s), and a sense of how these disciplines are integrated in the pursuit of knowledge and in the promotion of learning.
• Ability to motivate faculty to perform well, improve, and participate in divisional and college affairs.
The minimum salary for this position is $110,626.
Offers of employment will be conditional based upon the results of a satisfactory, required pre-employment Standard Background Check.
SUNY Broome Community College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity and inclusion of the campus community and curriculum. The institution is committed to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for others. SUNY BCC is committed to the diversity of its community. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
For full consideration, application materials must be received no later than Friday, December 18, 2020. Please attach a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, and phone number of three (3) references.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Binghamton
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Binghamton
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Binghamton
- Deans Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Binghamton