Instructor - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist - CV Anesthesiology
The Department of Ambulatory Operations: Hospital Based Services is seeking qualified CRNA candidates to provide services at a small boutique, 9-year old, community Hospital doing predominantly Ortho, OB/GYN, urology, podiatry, ENT, general surgery, and GI cases. There are 4 Operating rooms, GI lab, Cath Lab, and OB. The facility has a Level 4 Trauma designation with no hearts, craniotomies, transplant, or pediatrics.
New graduates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Provides specialized nursing service in administering anesthesia to surgical patients
- Administers all forms of anesthesia including inhaled, intravenous, neuraxial, and regional, for surgical or medical procedures.
- Assesses and evaluates patients prior to the administration of anesthesia in order to formulate anesthetic plan.
- Inserts and uses invasive and noninvasive monitors, as indicated.
- Responds to emergency/code situations in order to provide airway management.
- Documents anesthetic information and patient condition.
- May supervise or provide direction to student registered nurse anesthetists.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in in Nursing. DNP preferred.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) from the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.