Assistant Professor - Nutrition
The Department of Pediatrics, Nutrition section is seeking a qualified candidate to:
- Ask appropriate questions and challenge underlying assumptions when necessary in order to optimize the quality of the consultation.
- Receive authorship on publications for which you contribute essential input and satisfy the criteria for authorship as defined by the International Council of Medical Journal Editors.
- Work as an essential member of multidisciplinary research teams when required.
- Maintain a current level of continuing education and expertise as gained from professional development courses, membership in online research communities and participation in professional meetings. Share this expertise internally with CNRC faculty and students and externally through publications and presentations at professional meetings.
- Teach graduate students and/or medical students as a CNRC faculty member who participates in the miscellaneous group or individualized teaching activities within the Department of Pediatrics.
- Develop your own original research ideas within the context of your role as Assistant Professor for the CNRC.
- Demonstrate research productivity by publication in peer reviewed journals, proposal submission and grantsmanship, presentations at professional meetings that are commensurate with experience, and involvement in professional organizations.
- Work to obtain internal or external funding to support research and establish a robust research group.
- Contribute to advancement of the profession by sharing specialty expertise through research publication and presentations at professional meetings.
- Teaching of graduate students and/or medical students as a CNRC faculty member who participates in the BCM medical student nutrition courses, or for miscellaneous individualized teaching activities within the Department of Pediatrics.
- Develop original research techniques and applications required for ongoing research projects.
- Plans, directs, and conducts original research experiments.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities:
- You will be expected to seek grant support, publish your work, and build a strong research group. You will be expected to file NIH grant applications as soon as practical whether before or after your start date.
- To meet the requirements of the United States Department of Agriculture/Agriculture Research Service (USDA/ARS) for faculty at the CNRC, you will be expected to submit a research proposal through the USDA/ ARS awarding channels within the first year of your employment at the Center.
- Ph.D., or M.D., Ph.D. in biomedical sciences.
- Experienced in grant writing.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.