The University of Colorado and Housing and Dining Services encourages applications for a Dining Mechanic! This position provides skilled mechanical support whether it is a scheduled or unscheduled work in a professional, safe, courteous and timely manner to the University of Colorado Housing and Dining services.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining offers outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Appliance Repair and Service:
- Meet with dining managers to coordinate and schedule repairs on Kitchen equipment, preventative maintenance on all Dining equipment.
- Assist with maintaining an up-to-date dining equipment inventory status.
- Work with asset manager to develop preventative maintenance schedule to maintain and repair all Kitchen equipment.
- Provide written or verbal requests for equipment replacement when costs of repair exceed value of the equipment.
- Advise Dining services administration on equipment purchases and renovations.
- Perform all recommend PM’s per the MFG O&M.
- The use of a University vehicle is required for the performance of some of these duties.
- Perform inspections and service of building HVAC mechanical, refrigeration (cooler and freezers, Salad Bar, and all hot and cold display cases) and control, sub-systems and components related to control problems, heating, cooling, and evaporation/ventilation for accurate temperature, pressure and operations.
- Make on spot adjustments and minor repairs.
- Scheduling and giving notification for shutting down equipment that requires ordering parts and assembling of special tools.
- Connect with users/customers to the ramifications of such for repairs.
- Repair and/or replacement to heating systems, domestic hot water systems, and non-potable water systems.
- Provide assistance to other licensed trade personnel as follows: Restore drain, waste and vent systems to accurate functioning by using appropriate chemical, hand or power equipment to remove obstructions.
- Stop or repair leaks in waste, drain, natural gas, domestic water and hydraulic heating by use of accurate tools and replacement parts and fittings.
Evaluate and Prioritize Work Order Assignments:
- Schedule work, time of day, day of the week, who and what it may affect, notifications, security, safety, and code issues.
- Perform repairs, replacement and maintenance of all Dining equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
What We Can Offer
- The starting salary for this position is $61,545.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Challenged. Be Unique. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education or successful completion of a formalized apprenticeship program will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Knowledge of Cooler and Freezer equipment/experience.
- Familiarity in computers and basic applications.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Universal CFC certification (chlorofluorocarbons).
- Familiar with Combi Ovens, Cook Chill, Cold/Hot wells.
- Electrical and Plumbing experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 3, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder