Associate Director Business Auxiliary Services Systems - Procurement, Contracting & Payment
The Department of Procurement, Contracting, and Payment Services at West Virginia University is seeking applications for an Associate Director Business Auxiliary Services Systems. This position directs and oversees the Auxiliary Business Services Systems (“ABS Systems”) team. The incumbent will be responsible for the development and execution of strategies and policies related to all Auxiliary Business Services Systems as required. This position manages internal and external stakeholder relationships to ensure the greatest value for the University.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate:
Directs development and execution of the University's ABS Systems including but not limited to procurement-systems, facilities systems and related systems strategy development and implementation :
- Directs and oversees strategic planning (potential projects, process, procedural, policy changes, team directives & initiatives) of ABS systems.
- Establishes effective ABS Systems strategies.
- Analyzes, documents, and presents complex system data to s takeholders/executives.
- Structures, prepares and presents compelling insightful presentations to all levels of the organization-ability to tailor message to the audience. Prepares business case, cost/benefit and benefit realization analyses.
- Directs continuous process improvement efforts.
- Develops and maintains the department's financial system control policies and ensures they are followed.
- Demonstrates ability to identify control risks and develop/implement/risk mitigation measures when necessary.
Dire c ts ABS Svstems ope rational support:
- Coordinates the implementation and ongoing management of ABS Systems within various financial systems and eprocurement tools. Serves as the primary contact for any related systems and interfaces. This involves being the primary contact for the University's technical staff on issues, interfaces, testing, etc.
- Provides recommendations for and oversees ABS System enhancements, updates and upgrades.
- Serves as the University's subject matter expert on ABS Systems. Effectively communicates and collaborates with business units on moderate to complex system initiatives.
- Manages internal and external stakeholder relationships, including communicating and educating stakeholder s about payment policies and procedures, troubleshooting issues, training, actively soliciting system feedback and managing vendor relationships.
- Manages the technical interfaces between any ABS Systems and the State's and University's financial system.
- Routinely and effectively works with senior/executive level staff to resolve system issues.
Staff Management and Development:
- Ensures staff compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Manages assigned staff by setting expectations, assessing performance, and ensuring that day-to-day operations and assigned tasks are completed on time and with high level of quality and accuracy.
- Provides guidance, coaching, and input to staff.
- Interviews and selects staff.
- Leads staff development through mentoring and performance management processes. Actively participates in and supports departmental employee development programs.
- Demonstrates excellent executive presence.
- Bachelor's degree in IT/Business/Finance or related field is required. Master's degree is preferred.
- Five (5) years of functional experience in automated financial systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in information systems.
- Ability to manage change throughout a large organization.
- Advanced knowledge of financial applications/systems, including automated ERP systems (Oracle preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of e-procurement and business systems.
- Ability to engage, educate and support internal customers, staff and business units.
- Excellent and effective troubleshooting skills and apply critical and analytical thinking concepts to work assignments and to resolve issues.
- Excellent initiative, attention to detail, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, and to multi-task.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly with customers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Strong analytical ability.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/ .
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown