Adjunct, PTA Lab Assistant, Campus Position
Friday, November 20, 2020 What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population. Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students' skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning. Visit www.southuniversity.edu today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing guidance and direction necessary to allow students to achieve pre-established course objectives under the direction of the Instructor. May assist in the maintenance of laboratory facilities and equipment, depending upon designated program/course. Incumbent must assure that the Company philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment, which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Reinforce class syllabus goals, objectives and daily lesson plan.
- Assist classroom Instructor in the designated course and be prepared with instructional materials per lesson plans before each class.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate attendance records of all students enrolled in assigned classes.
- Assist in the evaluation of students on a regular basis using appropriate evaluation tools and materials, and report to Instructor.
- May assist in the upkeep of the laboratory and lab equipment, the disposal of lab waste, in the demonstration of lab techniques and the maintenance of necessary lab inventory.
- Review textbooks and classroom assessment materials, attend all faculty meetings and assist with any independent study contracts that may be appropriate within assigned department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in field of study related to assigned department or equivalent experience; Master's degree is preferred.
- Zero to three years of experience providing aid to an Instructor in a structured and academic environment.
- PTA or PT degree is required
- General knowledge of subjects taught, or designated course, in assigned department.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills with supervisor and staff populations.
- Proficient organization, prioritization and teaching skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Virginia Beach
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Virginia Beach
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Virginia Beach
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Virginia Beach
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Virginia Beach