Research Ast Scientist - Morel (67093)
The Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Florida invites applications for a Research Assistant Scientist, non-tenure accruing faculty position with experience in molecular immunology to validate genetic pathways involvement in lupus pathogenesis in mouse models and blood samples obtained from patients. This position requires the development of funded research in collaboration with other investigators with relevant expertise in immunology and molecular biology.
Salary negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D. and/or M.D. or Ph.D. equivalent professional degree in science-related field with three (3) years of research experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Several years of research experience with expertise in molecular and cellular immunology. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Gene editing in cell line and primary immune cells
- Lentivirus and retrovirus construct design and transfection
- Multi-color flow cytometry (panel design, data acquisition and analysis)
Other qualifications should include:
- Creativity in developing experimental strategies.
- Multidisciplinary background in molecular and cellular immunology.
- An outstanding track record of publications.
- Ability to supervise students and to lead team-work approaches especially encouraged.
Interested qualified candidates will need to submit a curriculum vitae, a letter outlining interest, and three letters of reference. Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
The final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville