Intake/Coordinator Assistant P/T
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for advising and intake of Adult Education & Literacy students, assists with student eligibility determination, assessment and records management. Provides clerical support to program staff, faculty and complies with Texas Workforce Commission grant requirements. Secretary performs a variety of complex secretarial functions for the Director and Instructional Coordinators. This position is grant funded.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for intake of new and returning AE&L students.
- Collects student information and required eligibility verification forms.
- Advises students on course of study, schedules and support services.
- Assists in student and class data collection, including records maintenance.
- Assists in verification of monthly reports.
- Assists coordinators to ensure substitute instructors are obtained to cover instructor absences.
- Prepares and maintains departmental requisitions, and assists in maintaining inventory of office supplies.
- Assists coordinators with orientations, testing coordination and instructor requests.
- Answers telephone, screens, transfers calls, and takes messages.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Dean of Community Education, Provost/Vice President and/or President.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your High School diploma, GED certificate or unofficial transcript(s). If recommended for this position an official transcript(s) will be required. In addition, if a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience and/or training in a general office environment.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Experience in a higher education office setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of appropriate office procedures, telephone and office etiquette, able to operate a calculator, photo copier, personal computer and other office related equipment.
- Knowledge of word processing applications and spreadsheet applications.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in written form in both English and Spanish.
Dean of Community Education
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed.
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo