Property Inventory Clerk Part-Time
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure that College policies and Property Inventory procedures are followed.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Observes and ensures all safety procedures and rules are in compliance with governing authorities.
- Assist with the transfer of furniture and equipment to departments and/or buildings.
- Ensure property transfers are accurate, have the proper authorization and recorded on a timely basis.
- Perform inventory counts of assets in departments/buildings, as assigned, and reconcile the inventory account to the fixed asset records.
- Utilizes the computer fixed asset software to maintain current fixed asset filed.
- Answer phone and take messages for the Property Inventory Department.
- Assist with tagging new fixed assets.
- Ensure that the control number, description, cost location and relevant information of the fixed assets purchased or donated to the District are recorded and tagged.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Property Inventory Manager.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your high school diploma or unofficial transcript or GED certificate. If recommended for this position an official transcript(s) will be required. If a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience in Inventory related field.
- Associate Degree in Applied Science with emphasis in computer operations, business, and/or accounting.
- Experience and knowledge of Inventory environment; at a community college.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Required:Be skilled in the use of personal computer with working knowledge of computerized operating system (i.e. MS windows Excel, Word, Outlook, Power point).
- Maintain a positive attitude toward college departments, employees and students.
- Perform assignments with a high degree of accuracy and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to follow department policies and procedures.
- Preferred: Experience in Banner.
Position reports directly to the Property Inventory and Central Receiving Manager.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed.
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Part Time jobs in Laredo