Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for assisting with the planning and development of Computer Information Systems required by the departmental functional users.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective application support and programming services to the functional (various departments) users.
- Consult with user departments to establish goals and objectives that will address the user’s information management strategies. Coordinates services with other sections of the IT department and users of the administrative systems.
- Analyze user documentation and procedures to ascertain functional requirements.
- Prepare system requirements, system designs, charts and diagrams according to departmental methods and standards. Code, debug, and document programs and develop procedures.
- Develop, test and debug ARGOS report writer scripts for departmental functional users for increasingly difficult assignments.
- Prepare related operations documentation and assist operations staff as needed.
- Serve as the liaison with software vendors. Consult with supervisor and end user management in developing test and rollout plans for vendor provided software updates and enhancement.
- Consult with and assist the Systems Analyst for AIS with prioritizing multiple assignments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Practice Quality Assurance. MUST consult and plan with the Systems Analyst for AIS to ensure that ALL user requests are fully understood and appropriate procedures are designed to accomplish tasks.
- Serve as a backup to the other Programmer Analyst by learning the critical functions and daily processing routines of the functional areas as assigned by the Systems Analyst for AIS.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume and unofficial transcript(s). In addition, if a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- An associate degree in Computer Information Systems or closely related field.
- Minimum two years of full-time employment in the computer information systems field with one year as an applications programmer.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with emphasis in computer programming can substitute for one year of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with emphasis in computer information systems or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of higher education processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of structured programming techniques using a computer language is required such as SQL, C/C++, Visual Basic, Java, Groovy, Grails or others.
- Competent in all phases of systems analysis and applications programming.
- ARGOS Report Writer experience and knowledge of database management systems is preferred
Systems Analyst for AIS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed.
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Laredo College offers a comprehensive benefit package.To read more about our Benefits, please visit this page on our College website
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo