Supervising Dentist - Dental Hygiene
Work Site Location: Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston Idaho
Work Schedule: Approximately 12-19 per week. Hours vary, Mon. - Thurs. between 5pm-9pm
Multiple positions available
North Idaho College is seeking to create a pool of candidates for a part-time position as supervising dentist in the Dental Hygiene Program Clinics (Heritage Health site or LCSC site). Duties include evaluation of radiographs, administration and observation of local anesthesia and nitrous oxide analgesia, ability to write prescriptions based on patient need, evaluation of soft tissue abnormalities for referral purposes, evaluation of patient medical histories and response to any medical emergency that might occur.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Review new patient and one-year renewal medical histories after documented by students. Provide required legal signature.
- Perform new patient intra/extra oral screening. Address concerns caries, compromising medical conditions, and necessary referral to dentist/specialist.
- Authorize, administer and/or supervise, when indicated, the following procedures as defined in the Idaho Dental Practice Act:
- sub-gingival medicaments (i.e.: Arestin)
- sub-gingival anesthetic (i.e.: Oraqix)
- local anesthesia
- nitrous oxide/oxygen sedation
- impressions for whitening trays
- diode dental laser periodontal therapy
- Prescribe antibiotic pre-medication, prescription strength fluoride supplements and antimicrobial mouth rinses when indicated.
- Provide and include students in opportunities for differential diagnosis.
- Read radiographs and confirm pathology. Grade student interpretation and technique of radiographs.
- Assist students with radiograph techniques upon request/availability.
- Assist with recommendations for students/faculty in patient management issues.
- Administrate emergency situations.
- Remain current within the specialized field of instruction through participation in relevant professional associations and educational & training activities.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior.
- Recommend to the dental hygiene program director potential changes in clinic protocol.
- Keep current with any changes in procedure, protocol or policies of the dental hygiene program.
- Check the expiration dates of emergency medical supplies monthly and inform the Program Director of necessary replacements.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Dental Hygiene Program Director.
Due to contractual requirements related to teaching in regional clinical facilities, employment is contingent on confidential review of National Background Check results.
Drug Screening may be required for some clinical facilities.
Dental degree from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Direct patient care experience within the previous five (5) years.
Required License and/or Certifications : Must possess an active Idaho dental license with no disciplinary actions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Work positively with students, staff, and the members of the community.
• Work as a team member to plan and accomplish program goals.
• Always promote the welfare and best interest of students.
Advertised: 20 Nov 2020 Pacific Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Other Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene