IT Systems Administrator
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic and operational success. The System Administrator’s role is to manage the FMU computer software systems, servers, and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with college goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Installs and maintains campus-wide, applications, and authentication server(s); ensures backup copies of all files are routinely made and securely stored at a separate location; maintains system documentation.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on both inhouse and hosted computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to FMU’s needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Provides second level technical support via. CyberZone (our trusted helpdesk brand) to users concerning application and database server operations. Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers and storage devices.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts. Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases Serves as primary technical contact between FMU and our Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Serves as Primary Domain Controller/Registrar for FMU. Serves as Primary Domain controller for and/or assists FMU affiliates with domain control as required. Works with our Network Administrator and our Sr. Systems Engineer in planning, installation, and documentation of network topology and VMWare and Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Works with our Network Administrator and Sr. Systems Engineer, configures, and maintains network routers and firewall(s). works with our VoIP and AV Engineer to configure and maintain VOIP phone system. Installs, configures, and maintains application and storage servers for systems including library, SIS, LMS, Office365, and ERP. Assists Network Administrator in installation and configuration of network hubs and switches.
- Monitors all systems for performance and misuse, reports misuse to appropriate authorities.
- Work closely with the fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
- Coordinate with the rest of the MIS team to meet the team objectives.
- Provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishments of the responsibilities and functions of IMT.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
- Working knowledge of IT. Five years increasingly responsible
support experience, or related experience, or equivalent
combination of education and experience working with general system
administration and staff support. Experience working within a
- IT Support and ITSM (Information Technology Service Management).
- Operational knowledge of network and routing protocols. Operational knowledge of office365 administration, LINUX, and Windows Server operating systems.
- Operational knowledge of server virtualization and virtual desktop technologies.
- Ability to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied packaged programs for use with existing information systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance on servers, computers, and peripheral equipment
- Ability to communicate information to faculty, students, staff, and the greater FMU Community in a clear and concise manner.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens