Adjunct Clinical Instructor - Dental Hygiene
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule: Approximately 12-19 per week. Hours vary, Mon. - Fri. between 5pm-9:30pm (online and clinical instruction)
Under the direction of the division chair and program director this position serves as a clinical instructor and provides support to students in the Associate of Applied Science Dental Hygiene program.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Provides clinical instruction and supervision of students in the clinical setting at assigned days and times, which may include evenings and/or weekends.
- Provides instruction utilizing traditional and non-traditional delivery methods.
- Coordinates with the Program Director to develop and implement instruction for each clinical class period consistent with the official course outline.
- Coordinates with the Program Director to develop and distribute a written syllabus for each course to communicate to students the course outcomes, grading criteria and classroom policies.
- Coordinates with the Program Director to identify student-learning outcomes and develop processes and tools for assessment to ensure student learning occurs.
- Evaluates student progress toward meeting course outcomes; advises students about evaluation methods and results.
- Attends and participates in all faculty meetings.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college and the Dental Hygiene program.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, faculty, colleagues, staff, students and the community
- Perform other duties as assigned
Due to contractual requirements related to teaching in regional clinical facilities, employment is contingent on confidential review of National Background Check results.
Drug Screening may be required for some clinical facilities
Education and Experience : Associate’s Degree and 3 year(s) of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications : Associate’s Degree in Dental Hygiene and a minimum of three years of full-time equivalent professional experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Required License and/or Certifications :
Must possess an Idaho Registered Dental Hygiene License
May be obtained within six months of hire:
Must be a member of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association
Must be a member of the American Dental Education Association
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate teaching effectiveness
• Knowledge of current learning technologies
• Ability to use a personal computer and associated peripherals and current version of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone and copier
Advertised: 20 Nov 2020 Pacific Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Dentistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene