Digital & Social Media Manager (Freelance Consultant)
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic and operational success. This role will have the primary responsibility to provide digital support for all marketing communication tactics online. The incumbent develops and executes digital marketing strategies to help attract prospective students and support overall enrollment goals. Working under the direction of Marketing & Communications, this position will drive efforts that generate awareness, interest, and enrollments from prospective students across multiple marketing channels as well as initiate opportunities to engage students, parents, faculty, and alumni.
- Manages day-to-day communications with internal teams and any agency partners. Acts as liaison to and maintains positive relationships with the media and other interested parties.
- Develops, owns, and executes a digital marketing strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Oversees and manages digital marketing agency for media strategy, placement, budget and performance.
- Evolves all current digital channels, including advertising platforms, implementing best practices and utilizing data and insights for continued evolution.
- Prepares and presents reports summarizing the effectiveness of digital marketing strategies and highlights areas of opportunity. Analyzes data and advises stakeholders on best practices, new opportunities, and next steps.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts (SMEs) and stakeholders to design and execute digital marketing plans to meet business unit objectives including program launches and key announcements.
- Drives the growth, engagement, and regular maintenance of all social channels.
- Understands and leverages digital platforms to optimize performance.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
- Marketing support as it relates to Social Media which includes the operations of Multimedia Production and Branding.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relates to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mastery of digital advertising on all Google Ads, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Strong knowledge and experience in digital marketing, including SEM, SEO/Google Analytics.
- Strong experience working with a CRM (preferences).
- Advanced interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of all aspects of communications, including strategic planning for various media venues and developing content for multiple audiences.
- Advanced skills to advise and consult management on all aspects of communications, ranging from developing effective communication strategies to appropriately responding to inquiries regarding sensitive or complex issues or information.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Media Relations or directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Master degree and higher education experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Communications Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Digital Media Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens